The International Academy of New York is very committed to offering tuition assistance to those families who may not otherwise be able to afford an independent school tuition. We provide need-based tuition assistance for grades Pre-K and older. Families with siblings in younger grades may also be considered. Families who wish to be considered for tuition assistance must apply online at School and Student Services (SSS). Once an application has been processed, SSS will send us a financial aid recommendation. A tuition assistance grant notification letter will be sent by us at the same time as your admissions notification (but admissions decisions are made exclusive of any tuition assistance requirements).
APPLYING FOR TUITION ASSISTANCE
- Tuition assistance applications for the 2022-2023 school year are available now and must be completed and processed by SSS by December 15th, 2021 to be considered in the first round of admissions decisions. Applications for tuition assistance thereafter will be granted based upon the availability of funds.
- In case of divorce, each parent should apply separately. All parents and/or legal guardians are expected to contribute to the cost of their child's education.
- Awards are granted based upon the analysis of a family's demonstrated need. For tuition assistance to be continued, the request and supporting documents must be submitted yearly.
- Questions with regard to this application or technology support, should be addressed to SSS support by calling (800) 344-8328.
The required supporting documentation for the 2022-2023 year should be uploaded directly to SSS, and a tuition assistance application will not be considered until all necessary supporting documents are received. They consist of:
- Most recent pay stubs
- 2020 W-2 forms for all jobs
- 2020 filed tax return: 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ with all schedules (if a family does not file a 1040 form, the tuition assistance office must be notified)
- 2020 filed business tax return:1120, 1120S, 1065 (if applicable)
- Supplemental income documentation, including child support
- 2021 filed tax returns. Even if these returns are not available by December 15th, they must be uploaded as soon as they are completed. Tuition assistance awards are contingent upon these documents supporting the predictions made in the tuition assistance request.
Click here to access helpful instructions and advice for the tuition assistance application.
Click here to access the tuition assistance application. Use the code 200009 to indicate that you want the application to be sent to the International Academy of New York.