The International Academy of New York is very committed to offering financial aid to those families who may not otherwise be able to afford an independent school tuition. We provide need-based financial aid for grades Pre-K and older. Families with siblings in younger grades may also be considered. Families who wish to be considered for financial aid must apply online at School and Student Services (SSS). Once an application has been processed, SSS will send us a financial aid recommendation. A financial aid grant notification letter will be sent by us at the same time as your admissions notification (but admissions decisions are made exclusive of any financial aid requirements).
APPLYING FOR FINANCIAL AID
- Financial Aid applications for the 2021/22 school year are available now and must be completed and processed by SSS by December 15th, 2020 to be considered in the first round of admissions decisions. Applications for financial aid thereafter will be granted based upon the availability of funds.
- In case of divorce, each parent should apply separately. All parents and/or legal guardians are expected to contribute to the cost of their child's education.
- Awards are granted based upon the analysis of a family's demonstrated need. For financial aid to be continued, the request and supporting documents must be submitted yearly.
- Questions with regard to this application or technology support, should be addressed to SSS support by calling (800)344-8328.
The required supporting documentation for the 2021/22 year should be uploaded directly to SSS, and a financial aid application will not be considered until all necessary supporting documents are received. They consist of:
- Most recent pay stubs
- 2019 W-2 forms for all jobs
- 2019 filed tax return: 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ with all schedules (if a family does not file a 1040 form, the financial aid office must be notified)
- 2019 filed business tax return:1120, 1120S, 1065 (if applicable)
- Supplemental income documentation, including child support
- 2020 filed tax returns. Even if these returns are not available by December 15th, they must be uploaded as soon as they are completed. Financial aid awards are contingent upon these documents supporting the predictions made in the financial aid request.
Click here to access the financial aid application. Use the code 200009 to indicate that you want the application to be sent to the International Academy of New York.